Announcements & News
Do you love spending time with children? Do you love to cook? If you answer yes to these questions, we have the position for you!!!!
Athena Elementary School has an opening for Head Cook. Please see "Information Center," "Job Openings" and get your application in!
The Athena-Weston School District would like to congratulate the class of 2019! Weston-McEwen is graduating some very talented students who have made a huge impact on the community. Their success both inside and outside the classroom is well deserved. Thank you class of 2019 for making a difference!
Here's to your bright futures!
Summer hours, beginning Monday, June 10 ending Friday, August 23, for the District Office are:
Monday through Thursday - 9 am to 3 pm
Friday - CLOSED
Athena-Weston School District staff, in conjunction with the AWSD School Board, have researched school calendar possibilities in an effort to coordinate time for staff professional learning and meetings that focus on issues pertaining to school operations and student success. We looked into early release, late start, half days and other options that other area schools have implemented successfully. Through our research, staff input, and school board support, we have decided to move forward with a Friday late start model for all three of our schools beginning in the fall of 2019.
2019-2020 School Schedule Monday through Thursday
- Athena Elementary: 7:50 – 2:50
- Weston Middle School: 8:00 – 3:10
- Weston-McEwen High School: 7:50 – 3:00
2019-2020 Late Start Fridays – Classes begin one hour late every Friday
- Athena Elementary breakfast will begin at 8:20 with class starting at 8:50
- Weston Middle School breakfast will begin at 8:30 with class starting at 9:00
- Weston-McEwen High School breakfast will begin at 8:30 with class starting at 8:50
- Bus routes will be delayed by one hour
- Breakfast times will be delayed by one hour
- Dismissal times will remain the same
Athena-Weston School District students participate in Day of Champions!