Athena Weston School District will be getting their pink on Friday, October 19th in recognition of Breast Cancer Awareness....
Welcome to our website and Go TIGERSCOTS!!
Announcements & News
Join us with your family on Thursday October 11, 2018 from 5-7 pm!!!
Athena Partners in Educations is hosting 2018's Fall Family Festival! It will be held at Athena Elementary School.
Click the link below for more into and to RSVP.
The Potato Show is coming up, on October 27th at the Memorial Hall in Weston.
This is our primary fundraiser for Weston Middle School. Each year we put together fun baskets to raffle off. The themes this year are as follows:
- 4th Grade: Family Fun Night
- 5th Grade: Sports
- 6th Grade: Red/Black/White
- 7th Grade: T items
- 8th Grade: Family Favorite Cookbook
Students help build the baskets with donated items to match the theme.
Be creative! Items are due to their classrooms by October 1st if you are able to help out.
Thanks for your support!
Weston Middle School is currently having trouble with their phone lines. Please call 541-566-3549 to reach the school and send faxes to 541-566-9454. Sorry for any inconvenience! Thank you.
Dear Students, Parents and Guardians,
Welcome to the beginning of another school year. We are excited to partner with you as we support all children in preparing for school, careers and life.
Our goal this year is to promote regular attendance for every student. Showing up for school has a huge impact on a student’s academic success starting in kindergarten and continuing through high school. Families play a key role in helping students understand why attendance is so important for success in school and in life.
We realize some absences are unavoidable due to health problems or other circumstances. We also know that when students miss too much school— regardless of the reason – it can cause them to fall behind academically. Research is clear:
- Children chronically absent in kindergarten and 1st grade are much less likely to read at grade level by the end of 3rd grade.
- By 6th grade, chronic absence is a proven early warning sign for students at risk for dropping out of school.
- By 9th grade good attendance can predict graduation rates even better than 8th grade test scores.
Absences can add up quickly. A child is chronically absent if he or she misses just two days every month!! The Athena-Weston School calendar provides for 170 days of instruction.
Clearly going to school regularly matters!
We don’t want your child to fall behind in school and get discouraged. Please ensure that your child attends school every day and arrives on time. Here are a few practical tips to help support regular attendance:
- Make sure your children keep a regular bedtime and establish a morning routine.
- Limit technology before bedtime.
- Lay out clothes and pack backpacks the night before.
- Ensure your children go to school every day unless they are truly sick.
- Avoid scheduling vacations or doctor’s appointments when school is in session.
- Talk to us if your children feel anxious about going to school.
- Develop back up plans for getting to school if something comes up. Call on a family member, neighbor, or another parent to take your child to school.
Let us know how we can best support you and your children so that they can show up for school on time every day. We want your child to be successful in school! If you have any questions or need more information please contact your child’s school.
Superintendent Athena-Weston School District